We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Friendly reminder for Optimist Clubs

All US-based Optimist Clubs must file their IRS Form 990 by February 15 each year. If your club normally
has income of less than $50,000, the filing can be done online at http://epostcard.form990.org/.

Your president, secretary/treasurer, or someone designated by the president, should complete this filing. In order to do so, you will need your club EIN (employer identification number). It can be found on your club's main page at www.optimistleaders.org.

The filing process will most likely take 10 minutes or less. In addition to your club's EIN, please have available:

1. Employer identification number (EIN), also known as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
2. Tax year
3. Legal name and mailing address
4. Any other names the organization uses
5. Name and address of a principal officer
6. Web site address if the organization has one
7. Confirmation that the organization’s annual gross receipts are $50,000 or less
8. If applicable, a statement that the organization has terminated or is terminating (going out of business)

Should you need any assistance, please call 208-861-2310.

Popular Posts